Fnatic flops, C9 nets a win for NA, T1 & EDG to Knockouts – Worlds 2022
The Group A of the 2022 League of Legends World Championship wrapped up yesterday in a bittersweet fashion for western fans. There is plenty to break down, to see how the two qualified teams were decided.
After the first round robin, western fans had put their hopes into Fnatic, having beaten T1 in a convincing match. Unfortunately, those hopes were quickly shattered, as Fnatic dropped unexpectedly against the last place team Cloud9, handing the North American team and its region the first victory at Worlds 2022. What was even worse was that C9 dominated from the first minute until the end: FNC never looked in position to fight back. It was a joy and a glimpse of hope for the LCS fans, and a cold shower for the EU fans, which saw their qualifying dreams go away in the next match.
- Apex Legends players can get an exclusive fall-themed skin for Catalyst with new Prime Gaming reward
- Evil Geniuses may have found its way into the SA Dota 2 scene after a staple org ceases operations
- Which NA team won the VCT 2023 offseason? Preseason grades for all NA VALORANT rosters
- Tier One Entertainment purchases RSG’s Division 1 Dota Pro Circuit slot in SEA
- ‘Bad math’ fixed, Mech and Anima Squad nerfed in latest TFT Set 8 PBE patch
- No dev1ce? No problem. Astralis dominate first CS:GO matches at Elisa Masters Espoo
- Who said video games aren’t useful? UFC fighter learned English thanks to Call of Duty
- Around the world in 80 plays: Valve can’t seem to figure out where its Dota 2 champions come from
- Riot delays League feature to next year as devs add finishing touches to new system
- DWG KIA finalizes VALORANT roster with former On Sla2ers star
- Warzone 2 Unhinged game mode allows players to assimilate enemies into their squad
- Gla1ve shuts down rumors about dev1ce’s form ahead of Astralis return
- HisWattson worries Apex Legends will become the next Titanfall if a big problem isn’t fixed
- Modern Warfare 2’s season 01 update is now live, and its patch notes are full of some pretty nice improvements
- Ubisoft and Riot launch first cross-industry research project to combat toxicity
Age of Empires Apex Legends Astralis Best of BLAST Business Chess CoD Counter-Strike Destiny 2 Dota 2 ESL Esports Esports Around The World Esports betting Esports Partnership Events Exclusive News FGC FIFA Fortnite General Halo Hardware Hearthstone League of Legends Legends of Runeterra Minecraft MMO Mobile MTG Oceania Overwatch Pokémon PUBG Rainbow 6 Rocket League Sponsored Streaming Teamfight Tactics Transfers Valorant Wild Rift World of Warcraft Yu-Gi-Oh!