New Nuke Will Make YOU A Better Player!
Valves recent announcement regarding the new map pool has sparked a bit of a controversy in the pro and amateur CS:GO scene. Many players and teams are very upset about the change as they’ll have to learn a new map and playstyle to go along with it. It will be rough for some teams adapting to this new map and I don’t think Inferno should have been the map that was dropped, but don’t fret though as Nuke joining the map pool isn’t all that bad and it may actually make you a better player!
Amateur players and teams should be
excited for the change as it presents them the opportunity to dominate
more skilled teams. The meta for Nuke is yet to be defined and new teams
now have the chance to learn and invent the smokes that will help them
win rounds. Maps such as Inferno, Dust 2, and Cache that have been in
the map pool for a while are well known by just about every player and
team making it hard to catch off guard or confuse the enemy. Many parts
of the map come down to aim duals rather than any strategy and this is
huge disadvantage for less skilled teams. Nuke with it’s many map
changes is unfamiliar to teams, so many might struggle with learning how
to play this new map. It’s time for lesser skilled teams to break out
the smokes and come up with a new strat that will help them avoid aim
duals and win more rounds.
Not only is this an advantage for teams, but for the individual player as well. After playing inferno for 100s of hours many of us might fall into “autopilot” where we continue to play the same way match after match round after round. (Click here for more on autopilot) For a player who is struggling to rank up or increase their PUG stats, a change of map might solve their problems. When you’re in autopilot you’re less aware of the mistakes in your gameplay. When you’re playing a new map you focus more on fundamentals such as how you peek corners or trade and can better identify and weed out your problems.
The last reason I’ll mention has to do with how Nuke will appear to new players. When watching an Inferno match often times you sit their waiting until 10 seconds remain in the round before any action starts. Smokes slow down the game play a tremendous amount and to the new player that can seem boring. Nuke is a much more open map where I predict gameplay will be faster and action will await around every corner. Because of this more and more people will start to play CS:GO and their unique play styles will help you become a better player.
Change is not always good, but Valve’s most recent update might be one of their best.
Be sure to enter our giveaway for a great looking AK-47 Frontside Misty!
- National Students Esports extends partnership with Intel
- Saudi Esports Federation and Stc Group Announce Strategic Partnership
- NAOS Esports gets outright semis berth in VCT Ascension
- Top F1 Esports pro threatens to quit over mandated equipment faults: “It’s so unfair”
- Esports tournaments 2023: All event dates for major competitions
- Esports viewership has grown 3x since 2017 — but not uniformly, report finds
- Esports in Higher Ed: How the Right Peripherals Can Boost Multiplayer Gaming
- AUEM 23 Preview: The University Esports Masters Teams
- CS veteran wants to revive legendary squad for CS2 tournament, and it may actually happen
- Gamers gearing up for area’s first Esports tournament
- MoMe Delivers Video for Major eSports Event With Net Insight’s Cloud Solution
- Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup Qualifying Series Announced
- Best Overwatch 2 Escape Room codes
- Underdogs No More: Highlights From Quest Esports’ Press Conference
- Q&A on Leadership in Esports
Age of Empires Apex Legends Astralis Best of BLAST Business Chess CoD Counter-Strike Destiny 2 Dota 2 ESL Esports Esports Around The World Esports betting Esports Partnership Events Exclusive News FGC FIFA Fortnite General Halo Hardware Hearthstone League of Legends Legends of Runeterra Minecraft MMO Mobile MTG Oceania Overwatch Pokémon PUBG Rainbow 6 Rocket League Sponsored Streaming Teamfight Tactics Transfers Valorant Wild Rift World of Warcraft Yu-Gi-Oh!