A Look Into the Final Four Teams of the iBuypower Invite
We are down to the final four teams of the iBUYPOWER 2016 Summer Invitational for Overwatch, and the matchups have shaped up to be a massive fight for the participants.
The seventh seed, Luminosity Gaming will take on the second seed Cloud9. In what looks to be a tight contest. However, with the championship game looming, tensions are high. With a possible chance of being the first to take down the number one world ranked EnVyUs, there is a high chance of making critical errors and mistakes. These teams need to be the tightest they have ever been in their team unity and gameplay. The last time Luminosity and Cloud9 faced off was at the Beyond The Summit Overwatch Cup on July tenth. Cloud9 swept Luminosity and went on to lose to EnVyUs. Surely Luminosity is looking to redeem themselves and come out on top. While Cloud9 doesn’t need to overlook Luminosity, as they aren’t a pushover but Cloud9 unsurpriiingly has their sights on the championship in this one.
On the other side of the bracket: The fifth seed Code7 takes on the first seed EnVyUs. The semifinal match is a rematch of the championship round of The Beat Invitational, in which EnVyUs swept for the win. EnVyUs has been on an impressive win streak since Overwatch competitive play started. They have amassed thirty-six wins, zero losses and only lost on twelve rounds out of one hundred and forty-three rounds. To say this team is almost unstoppable is an understatement. They are destroying all the competition that stands in their way. However, one has to wonder if the recent loss at the previous championship are on Code7’s minds. Revenge is sweet, but will the emotion boil their blood to the point of foolish mistakes? It is certainty something to follow in today’s games.
The big prize is the $5,000 pot, but being the first to give EnVyUs their first loss would also be monumental. The favorites to take down the undefeated team is the second in the world rankings: Cloud9. If Cloud9 can take down Luminosity, and EnVyUs defeats Code7 then it would set up a huge match between the first and second ranked teams in the world rankings. The last time they faced off was July tenth at the Beyond Summit Overwatch Cup, in which EnVyUs swept the match. Will this finally be the downfall of EnVyUs? Or will Cloud9, Code7 or Luminosity step up and finally stop the unstoppable? Itgesports.com will be reporting on the matches, but let us know what you think in the comments below!
- National Students Esports extends partnership with Intel
- Saudi Esports Federation and Stc Group Announce Strategic Partnership
- NAOS Esports gets outright semis berth in VCT Ascension
- Top F1 Esports pro threatens to quit over mandated equipment faults: “It’s so unfair”
- Esports tournaments 2023: All event dates for major competitions
- Esports viewership has grown 3x since 2017 — but not uniformly, report finds
- Esports in Higher Ed: How the Right Peripherals Can Boost Multiplayer Gaming
- AUEM 23 Preview: The University Esports Masters Teams
- CS veteran wants to revive legendary squad for CS2 tournament, and it may actually happen
- Gamers gearing up for area’s first Esports tournament
- MoMe Delivers Video for Major eSports Event With Net Insight’s Cloud Solution
- Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup Qualifying Series Announced
- Best Overwatch 2 Escape Room codes
- Underdogs No More: Highlights From Quest Esports’ Press Conference
- Q&A on Leadership in Esports
Age of Empires Apex Legends Astralis Best of BLAST Business Chess CoD Counter-Strike Destiny 2 Dota 2 ESL Esports Esports Around The World Esports betting Esports Partnership Events Exclusive News FGC FIFA Fortnite General Halo Hardware Hearthstone League of Legends Legends of Runeterra Minecraft MMO Mobile MTG Oceania Overwatch Pokémon PUBG Rainbow 6 Rocket League Sponsored Streaming Teamfight Tactics Transfers Valorant Wild Rift World of Warcraft Yu-Gi-Oh!