CoD World Problems
MLG Anaheim just ended and many fans, viewers, and players have been left with a salty taste in their mouths over some “questionable” things on MLG’s behalf.
We first want to state, this isn’t a direct reflection of ITG’s opinions of Anaheim. We all thought it was a great tournament to watch and besides some controller difficulties it ran very smoothly. Many of this information was gathered through Twitter, Reddit, and other gaming communities.
The first problem is that many people felt as if they didn’t get a fair share of “on air” time. We noticed this as well in some cases where the camera would be heavily focused on the favored or more popular team. We understand why this can be annoying because sponsors often time pay big money to have their names featured on screen and on the jerseys, but producers focus on what the viewers want. Viewers want to see their favorite teams there isn’t anything that’ll change about it.
The biggest and most controversial problem was in the Grand Finals of the event between Optic and Elevate. Many fans are claiming that Optic won a round and game they shouldn’t have due to the fans giving away the defusal. People need to calm down over the situtation. It is a LAN event and stuff like this happens. Obviously no one knows if this directly changed the game because even if Elevate had won the round, it was still a steep climb for them to beat Optic. If intinces like this continue, MLG along with other tournament hosts might want to invest more into soundproof booths to keep fans and players happy.
If you want to watch the reaction of Team Elevate to the disrupted defuse Click Here
Overall it was a great tournament and very fun to watch. Optic showed why they’re considered the #1 team in the world. Teams now have a short 2 months to get ready for MLG Orlando.
- National Students Esports extends partnership with Intel
- Saudi Esports Federation and Stc Group Announce Strategic Partnership
- NAOS Esports gets outright semis berth in VCT Ascension
- Top F1 Esports pro threatens to quit over mandated equipment faults: “It’s so unfair”
- Esports tournaments 2023: All event dates for major competitions
- Esports viewership has grown 3x since 2017 — but not uniformly, report finds
- Esports in Higher Ed: How the Right Peripherals Can Boost Multiplayer Gaming
- AUEM 23 Preview: The University Esports Masters Teams
- CS veteran wants to revive legendary squad for CS2 tournament, and it may actually happen
- Gamers gearing up for area’s first Esports tournament
- MoMe Delivers Video for Major eSports Event With Net Insight’s Cloud Solution
- Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup Qualifying Series Announced
- Best Overwatch 2 Escape Room codes
- Underdogs No More: Highlights From Quest Esports’ Press Conference
- Q&A on Leadership in Esports
Age of Empires Apex Legends Astralis Best of BLAST Business Chess CoD Counter-Strike Destiny 2 Dota 2 ESL Esports Esports Around The World Esports betting Esports Partnership Events Exclusive News FGC FIFA Fortnite General Halo Hardware Hearthstone League of Legends Legends of Runeterra Minecraft MMO Mobile MTG Oceania Overwatch Pokémon PUBG Rainbow 6 Rocket League Sponsored Streaming Teamfight Tactics Transfers Valorant Wild Rift World of Warcraft Yu-Gi-Oh!